General Entry Requirements
- A valid travel document, or a valid identity card if so provided for under a bilateral agreement or by a Decision of the Government of the Republic of Serbia.;
- Valid visa in the passport, if a Serbian visa is required for passport holders of the respective country;
- Proof of sufficient funds for staying in Serbia. Sufficient funds are considered to be 50 Euros per day of stay, proved by possession of the appropriate amount of cash, bank statement, traveller's cheques, credit cards or a letter of guarantee;
- Certificate of vaccination or a note that he/she has not contracted a contagious disease despite coming from an area affected by a pandemic, as defined by the information of the Ministry of Health.
- For minors, foreign citizens, parental consent is not required to enter the Republic of Serbia. In order to cross the state border, a minor, a citizen of the Republic of Serbia up to the age of 16, when traveling alone or accompanied by another person who is not his parent or legal representative, must have the certified consent of both parents, if they jointly exercise parental rights, or legal representative;
- It is recommended to have a health insurance for the period of stay in Serbia, covering possible medical costs to the amount of not less than 20,000 Euros.
In accordance with the provisions of the Law on Foreigners of the Republic of Serbia, entry to the Republic of Serbia shall be denied to a foreigner:
- If he/she does not have a valid travel document, or a duly obtained visa for the Republic of Serbia if so required (check here whether a visa is needed and the requirements for obtaining a visa issued by the Republic of Serbia);
- If he/she does not have sufficient funds to sustain him/her during the period of stay in the Republic of Serbia, to return to his/her country of origin or transit into the third country. Sufficient funds are considered to be 50 Euros per day of stay, proved by possession of the appropriate amount of cash, bank statement, traveller's cheques, credit cards or a letter of guarantee;
- If he/she is in transit but does not meet the requirements to enter the third country;
- If the protective measure of removal or the security measure of expulsion is in effect, or if his/her leave to stay is cancelled, and/or other measures recognised in domestic or international law, including the ban on crossing the state border, are effective; the ban shall be imposed throughout the period the respective measure, or the cancellation of leave to stay, is in force;
- If he/she does not have the certificate of vaccination or other proof of good health, when arriving from areas affected by an epidemic of infectious diseases, as determined according to the information provided by the Ministry of Health;
- If so required for reasons related to protection of the public order or safety of the Republic of Serbia and its citizens;
- If he/she has an international criminal record;
- If there is reasonable doubt that he/she will use the intended visit for purposes other than those declared.
Border authorities may ask to produce for inspection a tourist travel voucher issued by a travel operator, a duly certified invitation letter from a natural person or a legal entity, a return flight ticket, hotel booking or a certificate verifying the private residence address during his/her visit. Other information deemed relevant when crossing the border to prove the purpose of visit may be asked.